• Welcome to SQLitening Support Forum.

News:

Welcome to the SQLitening support forums!

Main Menu

setting up cloud server

Started by ken_anthony, August 06, 2016, 05:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ken_anthony

I got a cloud server contract with 1&1 and trying to setup the SQLitening service...

SQLiteningServerAdmin says 'failed to start' and I can't find a log file. Any ideas. I'm using RDP.

Fredrick Ughimi

Hello Ken_Anthony,

Did you "Run As An Administrator" when you were running SQLiteningServerAdmin?

Just a thought.

Regards,
Fredrick O. Ughimi<br /><br />fughimi@gmail.com<br />- Freedom lies in being bold -- Robert Frost, Poet

ken_anthony

Yes, Administrator is the only user on the server right now.

ken_anthony

Crating a DB on the server by running a local mode program on the server works fine.

Fredrick Ughimi

I meant right clicking on SQLiteningServerAdmin and selecting 'Run As Administrator' to run SQLiteningServerAdmin.
Fredrick O. Ughimi<br /><br />fughimi@gmail.com<br />- Freedom lies in being bold -- Robert Frost, Poet

ken_anthony

Just tried right clicking and 'run as admin'... no difference.  It doesn't work on my local machine either. Could it be a path problem?

ken_anthony

OpenSCManager is where it fails. Trying to look deeper into it now.

ken_anthony

Some progress. It's not enough to right click and run as admin. You have to set run as admin in property page. Now it works on my local machine. However that did not fix it on server even with win 8 compatible mode. This has me dead in the water.

ken_anthony

I made no changes to cfg file. not sure, but it seems log file is only written on success (I have one now locally but not yet on server.)

cj

Do you have a dedicated server running Windows?
Does the server allow running windows processes?
What do you mean by a cloud server? 

Most ISP's do not allow running executables.
On Windows machines if the server doesn't start it is
probably the firewall or not allowing your port or the anti-virus
blocking the service.

cj

[General]
ServiceNameSuffix=
Port = 51234
Hosts = 192.168.1.2
LogConnDcon=Yes
LogInvalidInMessage=yes
CreateDatabaseAllowed=no
TrimLogManually=yes
MaxChunkSize=500
MaxConnections=0
ConnectionTimeOut=-1

At a command prompt please issue IPCONFIG and see if the IP v4 Address matches the Hosts line.

Virtual hosts running Windows probably wouldn't allow running a service or any executable unless you rent the machine.
Again, confused about cloud services being mentioned.

cj

I made no changes to cfg file. not sure, but it seems log file is only written on success (I have one now locally but not yet on server.)
It is required to have the Hosts line match the IP v4 Address or the machine name.
The inbound port, say 51234 must be allowed by the firewall and the router may need to forward it to the
same address as on the HOSTS line.

ken_anthony

ok. working with 1&1 support now. thx. I let them know this program is the entire reason I'm using there service. I'll get back to you.

ken_anthony

I gave support guy this link while they now are controlling server and pointed out IP must match. I'm waiting...

ken_anthony

As an aside. PB no longer works with the admin program unless I give it admin privilege as well now. At least now I can continue testing my program with a more realistic simulation of server ops on my local machine. I lost contact with the 1&1 support rep, but I have an incident ticket. I'm going to take a break now, but will report any news.