• Welcome to SQLitening Support Forum.

News:

Welcome to the SQLitening support forums!

Main Menu

slDisconnect + slConnect is a killer!

Started by The Tramp, November 02, 2012, 08:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G

I also got some problems with unexpected Ip problems and errors. I get very different behavior if I toggle options like:
#DEBUG ERROR ON
#DEBUG DISPLAY ON
#TOOLS ON

To have more control I

cj

After calling slDisconnect 6 times a loop counter may be incorrect if not in primary thread:
http://www.sqlitening.com/support/index.php?topic=3513.msg17952;topicseen#msg17952

D. Wilson

I had a server running a previous version of SQLitening . I updated it today to version 1.6 (With all the minor updates) and I am now having the a similiar issue. Running locally things work great. But logging in remotely it kills the program. I will start debugging it now.

D. Wilson

I am using the special includes. If I rem the sldisconnects the problem stops. I appears to be tied to the disconnect function.
My software is updating to two different servers so I use this function. Any help / suggestions would be appreciated.

D. Wilson

Update -- By disabling the sldiscount routine. Everything works flawless. Extremely fast. I checked the versions of the dlls (everything matches)- checked the router and firewall. So it appears it is related to the special dll or the server itself .

cj

In SQLitening.bas

' ==========>>> Close all sets
SUB irCloseAllSets

LOCAL llX AS LONG

IF UBOUND(thaSets) = -1 THEN EXIT SUB

DO
    ARRAY SCAN thaSets(), <> 0, TO llX

IF llX THEN slCloseSet llX - 1
  LOOP WHILE llX

END SUB         

D. Wilson

I do own Power Basic -- But I have never used it yet. I get so busy with my other coding that I  have not been able to invest the time needed to tackle the learning curve --  So I am unable to recompile the code. I am using VB6 with sqlitening with excellent results. I use the 'special' dll. One major reason I am using VB6 is that I use Signature pads and barcode scanners and I have Activex controls that I utilize to intergrate these with my software.

What does those program changes do ?? Are these changes in any of the 'official' updates that have been provided for version 1.6 ??

Fred Meier

cj

I downloaded 2 times and noticed there are more catches than just the one.
Hope others try it and report if it fixes there issues.
/ Src: Sqliteng.Bas, SqliteningClient.Bas, SQLiteningServer.bas
/Bin: SQLitening.Dll, SqLiteningClient.Dll, SQLiteningServer.Exe

Thank you very much!   CJ.

Fred Meirer says:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have posted fixes (version 1.60.4) for the array scan problem here:

http://www.sqlitening.com/support/index.php?topic=3468.msg17879#msg17879

D. Wilson

Thanks for the fast responses. I will download the files and let you know what I happens.